Terms and Conditions
1. A wedding is only confirmed on receipt of written confirmation via email. The balance must be paid no later than 14 days prior to the wedding date.
2. David Cavan agrees not to change the prices for packages that are fixed at the time of booking.
3. Our average coverage is 10 hours - If you need more than that please indicate.
4. We will consult with you about desired locations and people to photograph, and will do our best to meet all your expectations on the day. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, such as vagaries of the weather and the willingness of subjects, it may not be possible to capture all the images requested.
5. The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management – e.g. photography is not allowed in some churches. Please check with venues beforehand if specific shots or locations are important to you.
6. Images provided will be in the style to the images shown on this website
7. We will give you a DVD/USB Stick/Dropbox Link with high-resolution Jpeg images & also a password protected online gallery to pass on to friends and family. These are your photographs, we will not watermark the images. You are free to use them for your own purposes e.g. printing or facebook, and to distribute to friends and family. Digital files and copyrights remain the property of the photographer, and are protected by Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and you, or your friends and family, may not publish / reedit or sell them for profit.
8. David Cavan reserves the right to use images for display, promotion, on our website and blog, and all other purposes unless we have agreed otherwise.
9. You may cancel this contract at any time by giving us written notice. A £200 cancellation fee may be charged, but you are welcome to use this for any of our other photographic services.
10. For coverage of events greater than 75 miles from Coleraine may incur travel costs.
11. You will supplied with a minimum of 300 high quality printable images of your day (it’s usually much more than this).
12. In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, we will, subject to your consent, make every effort to find an alternative photographer. We have emergency arrangements with a number of other professional photographers who have a similar style to us, and can provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar price. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
13. David Cavan takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of images, including using professional grade equipment and back-up equipment. However, in the unlikely event of your photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed, David Cavan will return all payments received for the event package. David Cavan is covered by professional indemnity insurance.
14. We make the best efforts to colour match our digital images with the printed image and we only work with leading professional album makers and print services. Computer monitors can vary in how they calibrate colour, and there may be slight differences between how your images look on your computer or phone, and in the printed album. David Cavan is not liable for any of these slight differences.
15. If you have ordered an album, we will start working on your album once all monies are paid and will send you a digital mock-up of your album layout for your approval before printing. We will work with you towards making your perfect album and can facilitate layout and image changes.